Obtain the EHIC by e-mail
From 1 October 2021, by e-mail, you will be able to apply only for the EHIC as an employee (travelling for work). You will be able to apply for the EHIC as a tourist (tourist travelling) only:
- using IKP
- using ePUAP
Step 1: Download the application
Travelling for work:
downloadable application – PDF (291kb) sample of completed application – PDF (441kb)
Step 2: Complete and sign the application
- If you need the EHIC to be labelled with a Braille sticker, please mention this on the application form. Write by hand: Card for blind/visually impaired person.
- Please provide the address where you want us to post the EHIC.
Step 3: Send the application
Send the scanned application to:
- (only for the EHIC applications as an employee).
- Are you 18 years old, are you a pupil, student or doctoral student and are you insured as a family member? Please enclose with your application a copy of your current pupil/student ID card or other proof of continuing your education.
- We will process your EHIC application within 5 working days, and within 10 working days from June to September.
PLEASE NOTE! When applying by e-mail, the EHIC is always posted to the address provided.
If you have any questions concerning the issuing of the EHIC, please contact the Patient Information Line at 800-190-590